Acclima Digital True TDR-310W Soil Moisture Sensor (SDI-12)
A fully integrated digital TDR soil water content sensor (a.k.a., soil moisture sensor, probe, or meter) from the Soil Smart series. Works well in various soil types and soilless media. Sized with 10 cm waveguide rods to fit well with rockwool cubes for greenhouses.
The TDR-310W is a modification to the Acclima TDR-315N. Its shorter rods allow it fit in standard rockwool blocks. It is a complete integrated time domain reflectometer that combines ultra-fast waveform generating and digitizing functions with a precision 5 pico-second resolution time base and highly sophisticated waveform digitizing and analyzing firmware that provides true time domain analysis of soil-propagated waveforms. Its form factor is designed for shallower horizontal installations where it is forced into the sidewall of a trench that has been dug to the desired measurement depth.
A probe guide is provided to ensure that the waveguide rods are parallel when pushing them into the soil.
It provides reading data through a 3-wire SDI-12 interface and is compatible with any data recorder that is compliant with SDI-12 version 1.4 and earlier.
- SDI-12 Interface
- 3-element 10 cm stainless steel waveguide
- 5 m 3-conductor waterproof cable (standard)
- Waterproof Epoxy-filled Housing
- 20% to 80% Incident Wave Rise Time: 300 ps
- Waveform Digitizing Resolution: 5 ps
- Incident Wave Amplitude: 2.3 V
- Volumetric Water Content: 0% to 100%
- Medium Permittivity: 1 to 100
- Medium Bulk Electrical Conductivity: 0 to 3000 µS/cm
- Medium Temperature: -40 to +55 degrees C
- Pore Water EC (Hilhorst Model): 0 to 55000 µS/cm