Acclima Digital True TDR-310H Soil Moisture Sensor (SDI-12)
This digital TDR soil water content sensor (soil moisture sensor) is from the same family of the other Acclima True TDRs, however its rounded form factor allows it to easily attached to a (schedule 40) 1″ PCV pipe and/or be inserted into an access tube as small as 1.25″ (schedule 40 PVC) to be inserted into the soil at a specified depth.
The TDR-310H is the replacement to the former Acclima TDR310S soil moisture sensor. It is fully compatible with the ‘310S but incorporates several improvements. Like the ‘310S it is an integrated time domain reflectometer that combines ultra-fast waveform generating and digitizing functions with a precision 5 ps resolution time base and highly sophisticated waveform digitizing and analyzing firmware that provides true time domain analysis of soil-propagated waveforms.
Its form factor is designed for easy vertical installation in an augured hole using a 34 mm flat-bottomed auger. It mates with a 1” schedule 40 PVC pipe that acts as a handle in its installation to any desired depth. Its main improvements over the ‘310S are its faster rise time, its shaped incident wave, its lower power consumption and its very fast response time.
Its interface is SDI-12 and is compatible with any data recorder that is compliant with SDI-12 version 1.4.
- SDI-12 Interface
- 3-element 10 cm stainless steel waveguide
- 34 mm round cross section with glue-on protrusion for mating with 1” schedule 40 PVC pipe
- 5 m 3-conductor waterproof cable
- Waterproof Epoxy-filled Housing
- 20% to 80% Incident Wave Rise Time: 150 ps
- Waveform Digitizing Resolution: 5 ps
- Volumetric Water Content: 0% to 100%
- Medium Permittivity: 1 to 80
- Medium Bulk Electrical Conductivity: 0 to 2000 µS/cm
- Medium Temperature: -40 to +60 degrees C
- Pore Water EC (Hilhorst Model): 0 to 55000 µS/cm