Acclima Digital True TDR-305N Soil Moisture Sensor (SDI-12)
Completely integrated TDR soil water content sensor (a.k.a., soil moisture sensor, probe, or meter) accurately yields VWC and BEC/PWEC with a high-speed 300 pico-second rise time for a detailed wave form analysis. Designed for high EC tolerance when taking readings. A great measurement solution for soils with exceedingly high salt levels.
The TDR-305N is a modified version of the TDR-310N. The very short waveguide allows this sensor to make very shallow measurements and to be used in higher conductivity environments with a sacrifice in total measurement volume. It has a high voltage waveform output, which makes it effective in taking measurements when the soil electrical conductivity is high. It also consumes more power than the TDR-315H. It is a complete integrated time domain reflectometer that combines ultrafast waveform generating and digitizing functions with a precision 5 picosecond resolution time base and highly sophisticated waveform digitizing and analyzing firmware that provides true time domain analysis of soil-propagated waveforms. Its form factor is designed for easy vertical installation in an augured hole using a 34 mm flat-bottomed auger.
It mates with a 1” schedule 40 PVC pipe that acts as a handle in its installation to any desired depth. It provides reading data through a 3-wire SDI-12 interface and is compatible with any data recorder that is compliant with SDI-12 version 1.4 and earlier.
- SDI-12 Interface
- 3-element 5 cm stainless steel waveguide
- 5 m 3-conductor waterproof cable (standard)
- Waterproof Epoxy-filled Housing
- 20% to 80% Incident Wave Rise Time: 300 ps
- Waveform Digitizing Resolution: 5 ps
- Incident Wave Amplitude: 2.3 V
- Volumetric Water Content: 0% to 100%
- Medium Permittivity: 1 to 100
- Medium Bulk Electrical Conductivity: 0 to 10000 µS/cm
- Medium Temperature: -40 to +55 degrees C
- Pore Water EC (Hilhorst Model): 0 to 55000 µS/cm