Acclima True TDR-315N Soil Moisture Sensor (SDI-12)
A fully integrated digital TDR soil water content sensor (a.k.a., soil moisture sensor, probe, or meter) that has demonstrated superb accuracy consistently with excellent repeatability between six different soils including potter’s clay. It is the first release of Acclima’s Soil Smart moisture sensors. Allows for waveform capture.
The TDR-315N is a replacement to the former Acclima TDR-315L. It has a high voltage waveform output, which makes it effective in taking measurements when the soil electrical conductivity is high. It also consumes more power than the TDR-315H. It is a complete integrated time domain reflectometer that combines ultra-fast waveform generating and digitizing functions with a precision 5 pico-second resolution time base and highly sophisticated waveform digitizing and analyzing firmware that provides true time domain analysis of soil-propagated waveforms. Its form factor is designed for shallower horizontal installations where it is forced into the sidewall of a trench that has been dug to the desired measurement depth.
A probe guide is provided to ensure that the waveguide rods are parallel when pushing them into the soil. It provides reading data through a 3-wire SDI-12 interface and is compatible with any data recorder that is compliant with SDI-12 version 1.4 and earlier.
- SDI-12 Interface
- 3-element 15 cm stainless steel waveguide
- 5 m 3-conductor waterproof cable (standard)
- Waterproof Epoxy-filled Housing
- 20% to 80% Incident Wave Rise Time: 300 ps
- Waveform Digitizing Resolution: 5 ps
- Incident Wave Amplitude: 2.3 V
- Volumetric Water Content: 0% to 100%
- Medium Permittivity: 1 to 100
- Medium Bulk Electrical Conductivity: 0 to 6000 µS/cm
- Medium Temperature: -40 to +55 degrees C
- Pore Water EC (Hilhorst Model): 0 to 55000 µS/cm