Acclima Solar DataSnap SDI-12 Data Logger
Solar-powered SDI-12 data recorder (data logger) with rechargeable Lithium-ion cell. Housed in UV weather resistant polycarbonate enclosure. Takes over 53,000 5-data point scans before it overwrites the oldest data. A micro USB cable, 45° PVC neck with terminal adapter, solar panel, and SDI-12 terminal plug are included.
The Acclima Solar DataSnap is a simple-to-use standalone SDI-12 universal data logger with powerful features. It has a rugged, weather resistant, polycarbonate enclosure (NEMA 4) with a solar panel circuit that charges a lithium ion 18650 battery ensuring continuously reliable, long-term data logging. It is designed to work with Acclima’s world renowned soil water content TDR and TDT SDI-12 sensors. It will also work with a wide range of third-party SDI-12 soil moisture sensors (probes or meters).
The Solar DataSnap will automatically detect and configure Acclima sensors with the click of a button in its free, downloadable Windows® software known as SnapView . This software allows a user to easily configure reading intervals for up to ten SDI-12 sensors. It will also work with a wide range of third-party SDI-12 sensors. It supports up to five data points per sensor (using the SDI-12 M! command). The software can synchronize data from multiple DataSnaps down to a Windows® PC through a USB connection with the Solar DataSnap. Data is easily exported for use in the form of CSV files which are are automatically generated and downloaded to a micro-USB thumb drive.
- Accomodates up to 10 SDI-12 sensors
- Requires no SDI-12 programming knowledge
- Includes SnapView for Windows® PCs
- USB to SDI-12 bridge
- Short circuit protection
- Data logging of the first five data points with SDI-12 M! command
- Lithium-ion 18650 battery recharges with
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery (3500 mAh, 3.7v)
- Battery power monitoring feature from SnapView
- Battery power low warning flash on power-up
(green LED then red LED)
- Total memory capacity supports over 59,000
scans with each scan storing up to five data points
- SDI-12 sensor compatibility
- Compatible with terminal software applications, like HyperTerminal or PuTTy
- NEMA 4 rated weather-UV resistant enclosure
- Operating temperature range: -20 C to +50
- 1.25 lbs. 6.5″x 6.5″x 3.7″ without conduit