Last Revised: February 26, 2021
Who We Are
To help the research, agriculture, and greenhouse industries maximize efficiency and boost production through breakthrough technologies, integrity, and enduring relationships.
Our Commitment to Candor
We value transparency. The primary purpose of our Policy is to describe how and when we may collect, store, use, share, and protect your information.
Our Commitment to the Law
We strive to understand and abide by all applicable privacy laws in how we collect, store, use, share, and protect your information. If any part of our Policy is unlawful, it is inadvertent and void.
How We Collect Information about You
Information You Provide Us Directly – As you use the Website, you may freely give us your personal information. For example, you may give us your email address to subscribe to our newsletter or you email us personal information to request pricing or other information.
Information Automatically Collected – We may track and store any information about your use of the Website, including but not limited to your location, browser type, referring URL, computer’s operating system, Internet Service Provider, IP host address, domain name, time and date of visit, pages viewed, links clicked, and time spent on each element. We may also use web beacons to track your use of the Website and interaction with the emails we send you. For example, web beacons may let us know whether you received or opened an email. You may be able to disable some web beacons by displaying emails as text only and adjusting browser settings.
Outside Information – We may receive information about you from third parties or public databases.
Children – If you are under the age of 13, we won’t knowingly collect any information about you and you may not use the Website. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at: email@example.com
Legal Basis for Collection and Processing – We collect and process personal information on the following legal bases.
- Consent. We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
How We Store Your Information
Storage in United States – Even if you access the Website from a foreign country, we store your information in the United States in accordance with its laws. Subject to your rights set forth below, by using the Website, you consent to the transfer of your information to and storage of your information in the United States.
Security Measures But No Warranty – We implement a variety of reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is stored in secured networks that are only accessible to individuals with special access rights. That said, security can never be guaranteed. We don’t warrant the security of any information that we collect.
Handling Breaches – If we learn of a security breach with respect to your personally identifiable information, our first priority will be to determine the scope of the damage, notify and work with law enforcement, and engage in remedial measures, as appropriate. We’ll also notify you via email as soon as reasonably possible.
How We Use Your Information
Marketing Purposes – We use the information we collect to inform you about opportunities we believe you may be interested in. You may unsubscribe from any notification by following the instructions contained within the notification or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Phone numbers. By default, if you provide us with your phone number, you agree to receive marketing phone calls and text messages to that number and pay any associated fees for receiving such calls and messages.
- Email addresses. By default, if you provide us your email address, you agree to receive emails from us, including marketing emails.
Protection – We may access, process, and retain for an extended period of time any information collected about you when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How We Share Your Information
Information for Specific Third Parties – We may disclose aggregated or deidentified information about our Website users and members without restriction. We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business transfers. If we’re involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, all your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. This Policy will apply to your transferred information.
Right to Access your Personal Information. You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. At your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information that we have about you.
Right to Amend/Correct. If you discover that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you may ask us to correct that personal information.
Right to be Forgotten. You may ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. It may not be possible for us to delete all of the information we hold about you where we have an ongoing relationship, however please contact us and we will do our best to assist with your request.
Right to Revoke Consent. Where we process your data on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Right to Unsubscribe. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, you may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Website by Google Analytics. You can prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and related to the use of this website by downloading and installing the “plug-in” located at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The Website may contain links to other sites for your convenience. We have no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of any third-party site, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies if you have any questions about how they process personal information.
If you have concerns or claims with respect to how we handle your information, please let us know. We’ll investigate and attempt to promptly resolve any complaints. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with your local supervisory authority or data protection authority.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
1763 W. Marcon Ln STE 175
Meridian, Idaho USA 83642
Attn: Privacy Team
Effective: February 25, 2021