Acclima Digital True TDR-305W Soil Moisture Sensor (SDI-12)
The TDR-305W is a 5cm waveguide version of the Acclima TDR-310W (10cm). The shorter waveguide allows this sensor to be used in significantly higher conductivity environments. Like the 310W, the Soil Smart analysis engine is also tuned for non-mineral soils often used in Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA), such as rockwool and coco coir, yet still performs well in traditional mineral soils. It also has a much higher amplitude waveform than the H-series sensors, which consumes more power, but makes it very effective in taking measurements in challenging soil environments.
It is a complete integrated time domain reflectometer that combines ultra-fast waveform generating and digitizing functions with a precision 5 pico-second resolution time base and highly sophisticated waveform digitizing and analyzing firmware that provides true time domain analysis of soil-propagated waveforms.
Its form factor is designed primarily for ease-of-use in non-mineral media commonly used in vertical farming applications. A probe guide is provided to ensure that the waveguide rods are parallel when pushing them into the soil. It provides reading data through a 3-wire SDI-12 interface and is compatible with any data recorder that is compliant with SDI-12 version 1.4 and earlier.
- Designed for easy use with rockwool blocks and even very small grow media
- Good sampling volume with the wide spacing of the 5cm waveguides
- Soil Smart analysis optimized for non-mineral soil types, while still works well in mineral soils
- Ideal for high conductivity environments
- Incident Wave Amplitude: 2.3 V
- 20% to 80% Incident Wave Rise Time: 300 ps
- Waveform Digitizing Resolution: 5 ps
- SDI-12 Interface
- 3-element 5cm stainless steel waveguide
- 5m or 10m 3-conductor waterproof cable (standard)
- Waterproof epoxy-filled housing
- Volumetric Water Content: 0% to 100%
- Medium Permittivity: 1 to 85
- Medium Bulk Electrical Conductivity: 0 to 9000 µS/cm
- Medium Temperature: -40 to +55 degrees C
- Pore Water EC (Hilhorst Model): 0 to 55000 µS/cm